Why join NABMSE?
NABMSE has been in existence for over 50 years and has over 220 members in mainstream and special schools. Membership is open to any Board of Management in a recognised school in the Republic of Ireland providing education for children with special educational needs. These can be special schools, primary and post primary mainstream schools.
NABMSE is a recognised partner in the education process and thus represents Boards of Management who provide education for pupils with special educational needs at meetings with Government Departments and other agencies.
What membership means:
- Provision of regular information on issues affecting education and special education.
- Advice and guidance on issues affecting Boards of Management in special education.
- Opportunity to be consulted and have views represented at committees and forums that affect education of pupils with special education needs.
- Representation on forums, boards and working groups related to education and special education.
- Opportunity to network with other Boards of Management at conferences, seminars and training.
- Provision of training and training related information for Boards of Management in special education.
- Provision of resources for Boards of Management through the website, emails and email newsletters.
- Members gain access to a variety of member only resources, available through our website.