The Chairperson and General Secretary of NABMSE met Minister Foley and Minister Madigan on Tuesday 21st July 2020 at the Department of Education and Skills.
Among the issues discussed were:
- Return to school in September including: concerns regarding bus transport, school accomodation, funding for adequate PPE, substitution, cleaning, supports for school principals and requirements for IT.
Among other issues discussed:
- Insurance for Special schools
- Training and guidelines for behaviour supports
- Nursing supports for special education
- Resources and capitation for special education
- Requirement for supports for voluntary Boards of Management
- Training for Bus Escorts
- Patronage issues
- School inclusion model
NABMSE looks forward to working with both Ministers to further special education and Board of Management issues over the coming years.