Appointment of Data Protection Officer
NABMSE is pleased to announce that Noeline Kavanagh has been appointed the Data Protection Officer to NABMSE member schools. Noeline commences employment on 27th May 2019.
Noeline Kavanagh has worked as a teacher and lecturer in Ireland, the UK and China for a number of years. She has completed professional qualifications in Data Protection and has been working in GDPR compliance for the last year. She has developed training courses to promote workplace data protection culture, created and implemented data protection policies and developed systems to deal with data queries.
The Role of the Data Protection Officer
The role has primary responsibility for ensuring that all special schools and NABMSE member schools are compliant with current and future data protection regulation.
The role is also:
- To ensure that special schools are compliant with GDPR and oversee all aspects of data management and data protection governance
- To develop data and information compliance business processes with a focus on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and related Data Protection legislation.
- To lead the development, implementation and maintenance of data retention and retrieval policies and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver data protection training to school staff.
- To act as a point of contact for members on data protection enquiries and for the Data Protection Commissioner.
- To oversee/supervise all work required to ensure and maintain GDPR compliance, including advice and monitoring all aspects of data privacy across special schools.
- To develop an appropriate data audit process.
NABMSE wishes to acknowledge the funding it has received from the Department of Education and Skills to provide this vital support to our members.
For further information, please contact the NABMSE office at 045 533753.